Congress 2010The 13th European Police Congress was hold in February 2010 and focuses on Global Security and the impacts on Europe.
Some of the key questions were:
- How can a European exchange of security relevant information be granted?
- How can the international cooperation in prosecution, investigation and enforcement be improved?
- Which role plays the Internet in the fight against criminal activities?
- Which technical equipment do investigative authorities require?
- Which European efforts are made in the fields of the fight against organized crime, violation of human rights, border security and smuggling?
- How far can and may preventive measures go?
- How can Information Societies fight against industrial and knowledge espionage?
- How can the demographic change in security authorities be attenuated?
- Are Public-Private-Partnerships a solution to support or replace authorities?
- Which role do Media play in investigation activities?
In addition to these subjects that were discussed in the main programme and in the panel sessions, general and political topics presented by high-ranking personalities:
- The Stockholm Programme
- Transatlantic Security-Cooperation – lessons learned from the armed forces
- Technological modernisation of the police
- Current national topics
Analysis of Participants 2010
On the 13th European Police Congress 1455 Participants from 55 Nations came together. 55% of the participants originated from national and international Administrations and Ministries, 24% from the industry sector. Dependents of Embassies accounted for an amount of 8%, Organisations for 6, Media with 4% and 3% were national and international delegates. The countries of origin of the participants underlines the international reputation of the event, 63% came from Germany (incl. members of Embassies), 29% from member states of the European Union and 8% from the rest of the World.
Structure of Participants – Functions – 13th European Police Congress 2010
Structure of Participants – Origin – 13th European Police Congress 2010